Sunday, August 6, 2017

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Review

Hi girlies! I can't believe it has been more than 2 years since my last post. A lot has happened in these past couple of years. In short, I have relocated back to Canada, but this time I'm in Vancouver! I can't wait to explore this beautiful west coast city! Maybe I'll go through that in another post. Because of this change, I was in search of a new skincare regime that would work well with my new lifestyle and new climate. During this search, I believe I've found a product that I truly enjoy using on a daily basis - it's the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate.

The Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate claims that it's "a replenishing elixir of pure essential oils and distilled botanicals to visibly restore the appearance of skin by morning". The one I have is 1. fl oz or 50 ml. I purchased this online along with the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado during a 20% online sale from their official website back in February this year. At that time, I had tried the eye treatment previously and had liked it. I wanted to try the concentrate in a smaller size, but they were sold out so I had to get the larger size. To be honest, I was a bit hesitant at that moment since I've never tried it and didn't want to commit to a big bottle right off the bet. However, I was in desperate needs of a serum-like product that I went ahead and made the order. I recall that since the order was above a certain value, free shipping was included.

In terms of texture, even though it's a oil, this product does not leave your skin feeling oily or uncomfortable. It is quite lightweight. One thing is that if you don't apply other creams on top of it, it tends to slide around on your face (afterall, it is an oil). After about 5 months of using this, I do feel it has positive results on my skin. My skin now feels adequately moisturized most of the time. I'm trying to apply this product to my neck as well as it's an area that I often miss and now the skin there is a bit rough. I will report back if I see any drastic results! 

This product is lightly scented. I personally don't mind the scent too much, actually I quite like it. But beware if you usually don't like scented products.

 I'm more than half done the bottle after 5 months of usage, which I think it's pretty good considering that I actually use the produce during the day as well since I haven't found a daytime serum that I like yet. If you have any recommendations, please let me know! 




Effectiveness: Leaves your skin feeling moisturized throughout the day.
Texture: Great consistency. Lightweight. It's better to apply other creams on top of it in a timely manner as it tends to slide around on your face if applied alone.
Packaging: Loving the pump design and how messy-free it is!
Price: Reasonable
Repurchase? YES!

Much love!

No comments: