Saturday, November 13, 2010

Shiseido Sale Haul!! Plus the rest of my day.

I went to the Shiseido sale today in Markham. It's actually my first time there even though I've heard a lot of good things about this sale before. There are mostly Shiseido and NARS products, and some other brands that I'm not familiar with. I arrived at 9am with my mom thinking that I was relatively early... but boy was I wrong! Cars were parked all over the nearby streets. The lineup was long. It took us 2 hours to get in!!!! >_<

The sale is opened Friday (only for people with VIP tickets), Saturday and Sunday (for public). The location is 303 Allstate Parkway, Markham. If you still haven't checked out the sale yet, and live around the area, you can do so tomorrow from 9am to 3pm. I warn you though.. the ladies there are VERY AGGRESSIVE... so be prepared!


My haul:
Shiseido Benfiance creamy cleansing foam: $25
Shiseido White Lucent Brighening Protective Moisturizer: $30
Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream: $36
NARS Sheer Glow in Gobi: $14
NARS e/s in GoldFinger: $8
NARS glitter pencil in 54: $6
Shiseido Cream Eyeliner: $6

My most favourite purchase of the day is my NARS Sheer Glow. I actually wanted this for such a long time now. I've been to Sephora multiple times just to swatch it. The regular price for this is $42, and I never persuaded myself to spend that much on a foundation especially when I haven't ran out my current ones yet. Getting this at $14 just puts a smile on my face. And after trying it for the day, I declare this is the best liquid foundation I've ever used. It's sooo light that you wouldn't be able to feel it at all. The coverage is awesome too! Highly recommend this!!!

I've been loving cream / gel eyeliners recently ever since I owned MAC's fluidline in Shade. Then I remembered that I bought L'oreal Hip Cream eyeliner in a dark blue colour. When I saw the shiseido one in black, I had to get it! Cream / gel liners just give you much better control over how you want your eyeliner to be drawn, and they're pretty forgiving too. So if you're not a pro, you can always use a q-tip if you made any mistakes.

I'm also very impressed with NARS goldfinger e/s. It's very pretty and since gold is similar to the skin colour, it just gives a very subtle shimmery look.
Conversation b/w me and my mom before I was about to go out for lunch:
Mom: So did you end up getting that gold e/s? (thinking that it's ridiculous)
Me: Yea, I'm wearing it right now!
Mom: Really, let me see. *look* Wow it's actually very nice.
Me: *smartass face*

Now that I think about it, I should've gotten NARS e/s in Night Fairy.. I keep thinking how pretty it looks :S

Later on the day, I went to F21 to return a lot of the things that I didn't like from my online purchase. Every time I go to the actual F21 store, I don't even bother looking at clothes cause it's always such a pain in the butt. It's hard to find sizes.. the store is way too big. The lineup for change rooms are always so long. But I do always check the accessory section because it's hard to tell the actual sizes and material online, and you can refund them!


I ended up getting this heart shaped ring with sparkly rhinestones on it for $1.50! What the heck, right? It's such a great deal, and cute too! It also comes in gold.


I've been looking for a cute, rather dainty necklace for some time now. I found this one with a small eiffel tower, leaf, and a fake pearl for $3.80. LOVES!





Wing It
20 Fred Varley Drive, Markham

The bf and I wanted wings, but we were both somewhat sick of AllStar Wings because of the mediocre service, watered down coke, and overrated flavours. So we decided to tryout Wing It right beside Main Street, Unionville. The restaurant isn't that busy, so it was very easy to get seats. Service was awesome, there was only 1 waiter there, but he was friendly and efficient. Food was worthwhile to try. Most importantly, the coke wasn't watered down! HAHA

9 comments:

helen said...

Oh man.. if I didn't have work today, I would've went to the sale.. but then again, I don't really need more skincare or makeup lol maybe next year...

Miss Jayce said...

ooh i was waiting for this post! i love seeing this haul! i got the e/s in night fairy. gunna go again tomorrow and see if i can go get more nars stuff. the nars stuff is pure dirt cheap. i wasnt entirely prepared LOL but the shiseido at 50-70% off is not a bad deal! i got the glitter pencil too!! lovely haul for sure!! =))

Unknown said...

That looks such a fun day. Great haul! Some of the Nars stuff are in such great prices! Nars shear glow for $14. what a deal?! You're right shopping at F21 is such a pain sometimes.. that's why I only go on like Mondays or tuesday when there's nobody in the store XD the little necklace is adorable!

Jenni said...

ohmygod the shiseido eye cream was such a steal!! it's uber-expensive lol

enjoy your stuff :)

Mimi said...

okay, first off that ring is sooo cute! i love f21's accessories! and you got a great haul here. :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Jenni said...

thanks for your ego-booster (compliment)! Please post some OOTDs of yourself too :D LOL i need to learn from people XD

Leenda said...

You got such good deals! The jewelry you picked up are super cute. I like the convo between you and your mom. lol I'm craving some wings now!! Mmm....

serenadeveryday said...

Awww manss... nice haul. I wish there were sales like this in my area. I never hear of any in the bay area. $14 for the NARS foundation is SUCH a steal. {*OMG!} You should've bought back ups and if you don't use them blog sale it. Just an idea for next time. =P


<3s Serena.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea there was a Shiseido sale! I'm uber jealous about the Sheer Glow foundation! I can't justify spending that much either, but I've always wanted to try! How often is the sale?

OCC lip tars are sooo worth it.. They actually aren't that moisturizing, ahaha.. they can definitely highlight flakiness!