Monday, November 15, 2010

Done and gone

I decided to review some of the face skincare products that I've finished using for the past 2 months. Hope you girls will find it helpful :) I will be doing a review soon on products that I'm using nowadays to replace these.



Biotherm Rides Repair / Rides Repair Nuit - 50ml each
($45 and $47)

I bought these two at Shopper Drug Mart before I found that you can purchase creams at much reduced prices at cosmetic sales. I am using a 2nd tub of the day cream right now. I bought it at the L'oreal sale, for a better deal. The texture of the cream is very thick and rich. I personally don't mind the thick texture especially in winters when the weather's a lot drier. I don't suggest this for the summers though cause it'd feel way too heavy. It makes my skin feel super soft throughout the day. The scent is a little chemically... not unbearable though.

Price: 2.5/5 - Relatively pricey, but it's good quality. The products last for a while too.
Texture: 4/5 - Thick and Rich (Suitable only for winters)
Scent: 3/5 - Chemically, but bearable.
Effectiveness: 4.5/5 - It leaves your skin feeling extremely soft.
Repurchase? Most likely... after I'm done finishing all the new creams I've bought.



Lancome Renergie Nuit - 50ml
(Reg. Price $90 to $100)

I obviously didn't spend that much on a jar of cream. I got this at the L'oreal sale for around $50. I feel like this is a similar, but lighter, version of the Biotherm Rides Repair. It also leaves the skin feeling extremely soft, without having that heavy feeling at the moment it's applied. It has quite a strong floral smell.

Price: 1/5 - Way too expensive, especially at regular price.
Texture: 4.5/5 - Moderately light.
Scent: 3/5 - Strong floral scent.
Effectiveness: 4.5/5
Repurchase? No at regular price, maybe if I find a very good deal.


Laneige Sensitive Dual Enhancing Cream - 10ml eye cream, 30ml face cream
Laneige Sensitive Essense - 30ml

On the Amore Canada site, they sell for $49 each, but I'm pretty sure I bought them for cheaper in Hong Kong. I switched over to the sensitive line because my skin condition used to be a lot worse with way too much discolouration / redness. It's a lot better now that I've extensively paid more attention to the face products that I use.

It's interesting that there are two different creams (face and eye) in the same jar. I guess they wanted to make it convenient, but the packaging of it is so big and heavy that I wouldn't bother taking it with me when I travel so it defeats the purpose. Another thing is that I think they're trying to trick you on the amount of products it holds. It really doesn't last that long considering the price. Note that the price of the sensitive line is more expensive than their basic line.

Note that the texture of this line is quite different from the Biotherm and Lancome ones I reviewed above. These are more water based. This line is very nice to use during the summer. It's light and hydrates the skin. I like the essence more than the dual enhancing cream though. It's more like a serum type product that has medium thickness, but unlike the heavy thickness of the Biotherm Rides Repaire, this one just feels more hydrating.

Price: 2.5/5 - I keep thinking I got ripped off because the basic line is cheaper.
Texture: 4/5 - Very hydrating
Scent: 4/5 - The scent is not strong, smells like water... does that make sense? lol
Effectiveness (Cream): 2.5/5
Effectiveness (Essence): 4/5
Repurchase? Probably not since my skin has gotten better recently so I won't be purchasing the sensitive line anymore. I will retry the basic line whenever I visit Hong Kong again.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

good job on finishing these! *salute*

next time when you visit Hong Kong, please let me know and we shall have a bloggers meetup! :D

Gaby Fauchon said...

Empties! Yey! =D

yan said...

i've been looking for a light and gel/ water-based cream for the summer lately.. prob the laneige will suit me.. thanks for the review!

Sara said...

These look great :) thanks for reviewing. Just found your blog. following you now.

Hope you drop by my blog too
http://sarahassansblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

wow! so many skincare items! you should do a skincare routine blogpost, i would love to know!