Saturday, January 15, 2011

More 2010 Beauty Finds

I've been thinking for the past few days after I posted my last blog post about beauty tricks and I came up with more beauty finds that I've used in 2010, and here they are:

1. BB Cream
I jumped onto the BB Cream bandwagon in mid 2010 after reading numerous reviews on different brands. Originally I wanted to try the Lioele BB Cream, but I was skeptical of buying online so I checked out Pacific Mall in Toronto and ended up buying the Skin79 Super Plus BB Cream. You can find my first impression of the product here. Here's my full review on the product.


Skin79 Hot Pink Super+ BB Cream - 40g
($32 on the website, but I got it for $23 on the 2nd floor in Pacific Mall)
*I'm using my old pictures from half a year ago because I'm too lazy to take new ones...

The product claims to have 3 functions: whitening, UV protecting (SPF25 PA++), and wrinkle free.

I absolutely love the packaging (It was the factor that sold me at the first place -_-) Other than the fact that it's hot pink, the packaging is very sturdy yet not heavy. The pump is extremely easy to use, you can control how much product you want to use each time without making a mess. The one disadvantage is that the whole bottle is opaque so there's no way you can tell how much product is left in it.

I feel like it does what I expected a BB Cream to do. It has a greyish tone and might be a bit ashy; however, it blends well with the skin and you can barely notice the colour a few minutes after the application. This BB Cream will not give you full coverage, but it does give a dewy finish and makes your skin looks more balanced and healthier. The texture is on the thick side. I don't like to use it in the hot summer days, but I find that it's perfect now that it's the winter! I also feel that it's a little bit sticky so sometimes I like to apply powder on top of it so my face can feel more fresh. There's a slight scent to the product, but it's not prominent and it doesn't bother me.

Price: 5/5 Very affordable and the amount of product will last you for a while
Coverage: 4/5 Not full coverage but I really like the finish that it gives. I don't generally like to have full coverage anyway.
Texture: 3/5 On the thick side, powder sometimes needed for skin to feel fresh. It's more suitable for winter or people with dry skin.
Repurchase? Probably, but I do want to tryout BB Creams from other brands, or BB Creams from the other lines under Skin79 (such as the Diamond line).

2. Dry Shampoo
My Klorane dry shampoo has been a major life saver for me in 2010. I don't like to wash my hair everyday so sometimes I wake up finding my hair way too oily for work. I'd quickly spray some on and you know how the day would instantly be better with fresh clean looking hair right? :P One downside to this product is that it leaves white residuals on your hair if you don't brush it out thoroughly, and it can be pretty prominent if you have dark hair like me. I know newer dry shampoos already improved on this, and I will give those a try after I'm finished with my current bottle. You can read about my rave about my dry shampoo in this post.

3. Q-tips

Can you believe it? I never used Q-tips before 2010! It's definitely another life saver considering the fact that I will always bring one or two with me wherever I go. I'm always scared that I'll have black liner running down my face lol. I now use Q-tips every time I put on make up to clean up any fallouts under my eyes and to apply false eyelashes.


Another thing is that I have started using Twitter!!! I actually own this account since summer of 2009 but I never really bother using it until now.

Follow me @lalaofsurprises if you want :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

klorane dry shampoo never worked for me :( I agree with the Q tips too. life saver sometimes!

Anonymous said...

I use the same BB cream, but I got the smaller tube. I actually don't find neither sticky or thick, but instead, I find it really shimmery and thin. I've been meaning to do a review of it but got too caught up in my outfit posts. LOL

Following you on Twitter now : ) @jessy757

xx The Little Dust Princess

- said...

there are so many post on BB creams and I'm eager to get my hands on a bottle but I can not find any in Melbourne. I'm also skeptical about online shopping for cosmetics :S.

MissS.elle said...

Thanks for you comment! :D Yay for your first BB cream! I've tried severals, including the Lioele one but I had a reaction to them each time >_< So I gave up on BB creams lol. QTIPS ftw! :D

Riya~ said...

I agree with the stuff you post!

Rad said...

I'm not much of a big fan of bb creams but I have yet to try out the Skin79 bb cream since many had raved about it! Other than that, dry shampoo and q-tips are part of me already! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh btw, you should sign up for the Toronto meet-up! : )

SHIZUKA said...

the packaging is nice!
i still havent tried any BB creams! def need to try if it if they do what they say :D x

cocoabee said...

did you get your bb cream online? i've seen a lot of them from sellers in korea but i've been iffy about getting them because i heard products from asia are most likely to be fakes ):

haha but i still think bb cream is really a bumped up (as in hyped up) tinted moisturizer with more coverage ;T

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.7
hermes belt
nike shoes
ralph lauren polo
louboutin shoes
christian louboutin
coach outlet
ecco shoes
coach outlet
off white jordan
ugg outlet