Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holiday Haulage


This isn't what I wore today, but wanted to try on my new top and earrings that I got today :) Loving the pale purple colour! I always try everything that I bought once after I get home from shopping! Not sure if that's just me, or if other people do the same thing too! hehe


I went to the mall today with my mom to return some boots. We decided to go into Mexx afterwards to check out their sale because it was 50% off the original price in the entire store! I don't think I've ever gotten anything from this store before cause I always thought the style is more mature for my taste. To my surprise, I got 2 long sleeve tops (I always have a hard time finding nice flattering long sleeve tops) and a pair of earrings. These earrings are gorgeous!!! I fell in love the moment I saw them. They're a nice twist to the ordinary hoop earrings. Definitely the first pair of dangly earrings that I absolutely love because it's also hard to find a nice pair to fit my face shape.


This is the pair of boots I ended up returning today. I bought this pair online last week online at Aldo. They were on sale for $41.99 and free shipping. I was extremely excited to get my hands on them. Shipping was super fast, it came in a day. They looked nice on but they were oh-so-uncomfortable. I could barely walk in them. Probably because it's made of synthetic leather, the whole boot felt very stiff. Really sad to let them go because they do look nice and the price was unbeatable. Hopefully I'll find a similar pair soon that's good quality and cheap!


There's a funny story with boxing day / week shopping this year. I decided not to go on boxing day thinking that I wouldn't want to deal with waking up early, shopping in an overly crowded mall, having to fight for deals. That's all fine and dandy until I met up with some friends at Fairview Mall on the 27th and had a quick look around the mall. I quickly regretted my decision and persuaded myself that I missed out big time by not going on the 26th! Needless to say, my original choice of not going backfired because when I went to Yorkdale Mall on the 28th, I bought 3 jackets! FML


The most awesome part of this coat is the oversize hood. You gotta try it on to understand how awesome it is! I got this in black and it's a great addition to my wardrobe since my other black jacket is more formal, and this one's more casual. Original price: $129, Sale price: $99 @ Zara


I got the a shorter version of the previous jacket in navy. It has double breasted buttons. And again, it has the awesome oversize hood! I really couldn't help but to get both of these coats! haha Original price: $109, Sale price: $89.99 @ Zara


I've actually been eyeing this jacket for a while now, but I thought it was way quite expensive. My friend Steph showed me that she bought this jacket on the 27th because it was on sale so I knew I needed to get it too! Original price: $295, Sale price: $195 @ Aritzia. The funniest thing is that all the other jackets were on sale for $15 less than their original price and literally everyone was fighting over those ones while leaving this one alone :S


Tease / Shameless
My mom brought these back for me from my uncle's place from Maryland. Remember I told you guys that I took advantage of the sale on the R&R website and got them shipped to my friend in NY? I ended up checking the site a few more times afterward and saw the blush Tease being available again. I knew they were going to be sold out fast if I didn't act quickly. So I bought 2 more and got them shipped to my uncle's place since my family was going to visit them during the holidays! First impression of these blushes? AWESOME!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! I love the pale purple top. Pale colors always look so elegant, and girly :) I prefer them over intense solid colors.

The coats are really nice! The Zara one I love! I know you will get a lot of wear with that coat so it's not too much of a purchase :)

hamham said...

sup man
i got that first zara coat w/ jinki lolz.. it is awesome.. especially the supersized hood..
theres a nice toggle coat at ROOTS of all places.. u should check it out... its like 130 or something.. n fits nice.. n no roots logo
oh.. i got u a lil present from the land of mouses n ducks n dogs

Jenni said...

love the ZARA coat <3! can't wait to hear about the blushes!

Mana said...

Great buys! I love the zara coat the best! wow that's a great sale at aritzia, usually their stuff is only 5$ off even on boxing day lol so it really sucks and I often don't even bother going in since I know I won't find much

p.s I try on my clothes at home too! Mostly because I usually don't try on clothes at the store, unless it's some sort of weird/awkward top that Im not too sure how it will fit on my body, but most of the time if it's a general shirt I will just buy it and try it on at home. If I need to return it's just another excuse to hit up the mall<----very bad!!!

MINAKICHU said...

I love those jackets especially the collar of the black one, so cute! I'd love to own tease, lucky you!:-)

Rae said...

Nice post, I like the purple colour.

Anonymous said...

I just bought a really similar pair of boots from Spring! They're basically the same company sooo.. :P

Happy new year, Edwina! : )

xx The Little Dust Princess

- said...

gahhh shopping day is so hectic and people go crazy and fight for everything. But those jackets are so yummy, my fave is the short version hoodie it turned a classic into a modern piece<3. Lol I'm contemplating on sewing on a hoodie for the white coat that I got....so tempted but i think i have to pass because my sewing skill is beyond bad.

PinkOrchids said...

The pale purple top is lovely! I really like the colour, it's so soft and serene. I'm jealous of your fringe, i'm having an emotional outburst because my hairdresser has chopped off too much of my fringe and now it's so short! =( haha!

Zara is my favourite, the coats looks so nice! I think the long version of the oversized hooded coat is really awesome I only saw the short version when i went shopping. =) xX

Unknown said...

i love your top! i wouldn't be able to guess it was from mexx. i hardly walk in there hehe.

and too bad those aldo boots didn't work out, they look really nice! i would totally buy the same style if only they were comfy. i have been on the lookout for over the knee boots this winter but no luck. the ones i bought recently are just under the knee.

looks like you scored some really pretty jackets even when you didn't go on boxing day! you didn't have to be crowded by all those crazy toronto shoppers haha.

and YAY! i'm so glad you are enjoying the R&R blushers! i want a coral colour now to "complete" my collection haha.

Unknown said...

I loveee the R&R blushes too :D I alos really liked all the jackets u picked out ^_^

faye lu said...

ohhh la la i've heard so many great reviews about the RR blushes - especially tease - kind of reminds me of MACs well dressed which i love. need to track down these blushes!!! thanks for sharing x

The Short Girl said...

Cute earrings!! I like your mirror too! Great blog!

diaryofashortgirl.blogspot.com

Riya~ said...

you are so cute! I wanted to try R&R but never had the chance too.