Tuesday, September 16, 2014

PS. Cafe in Singapore

Hi girlies!

I recently made a short trip to Singapore with my two girlfriends. It turned out to be one of the most chilled and relaxed trip I've ever taken. First of all, we ate non stop everyday to a point where we forgot about the feeling of being hungry. The hunger level was either 'OMG I'm really full' or 'I'm kinda full' or 'I guess I can eat, but I'm still full'. I know... #firstworldproblems. Secondly, we took a nap everyday. It wasn't one of those 'OMG I did so much I'm falling asleep' moments. It was more like 'We shopped around for a bit, had lunch, went to a cafe, had a piece of cake and tea, but let's go back to the hotel and nap'. Ridiculous right? It's not even one of those 'I'm gonna lie here and just rest' type of nap. It was like 'I'm gonna take a quick shower, pull all the curtains to make sure no lights would shine through' type of naps. Sigh, but we all need some of those trips to get our energy back so we can conquer our daily lives again.

One of the cafes we visited was PS. Cafe.
28b Harding Road, S 249549, Singapore

They have multiple locations, but we chose the one on Harding Road at the Dempsey area because both our travel book and our friends recommended it.

I believe there are a lot of restaurants around the Dempsey area. Travelling there might be slightly difficult as the MRT doesn't stop directly there. We took a taxi from Orchid and it didn't take too long (well no taxi ride in Singapore is too long to be honest). You need to be prepared to fight for a taxi after you're done with your meal though.


We ordered the PS. Truffle Shoestring Fries. The description says that it's "tossed with truffle oil, grated parmesan & parsley." How can you resist that description! Literally, every table ordered the fries, and I totally recommend it.  The picture doesn't do the fries justice. It was massive. And obviously, we killed it during our two hours there. I also had the Goody Green juice which is a mixture of kiwi, cucumber, and green apple, perfect for a hot day of shopping.
This is the Pineapple Meringue Pie - very amazing as well.

I absolutely loved this place. We spent at least 2 hours here on a hot Singaporean day. The place is surrounded by greeneries, which is a rare thing in Hong Kong. And obviously, a beautiful place calls for more selfie time lol.

Oh, I attempted vlogging for the first time during this trip too! Please check it out if you're interested in seeing more footage from this restaurant. Here's the blogpost.

Much love.

1 comment:

Miss Jayce said...

hahhahhahaha! taking naps! wow that is soooo chill! And honestly, that's way vacay is all about seriously! I've never been to singapore before, really wanna check it out! =)