Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Beauty Diary Alice in the Wonderland Pink Set

I bought the My Beauty Diary Alice in the Wonderland set from T&T Supermarket for a bit above $20. Since I'm relatively new to face masks (I've only tried the apple one before), I thought this would be a great chance to test out which ones I like and which ones I don't. There are 3 different Alice in the Wonderland set in the market (pink, blue, and yellow). It comes with 15 different masks: Strawberry Yogurt, Southern France Apricot, Bird's Nest, Mixed Berry, Japanese Cherry, Black Pearl, Cooling, Sake, Apple, Pearl Powder, Aloe, White Rose, Natto, Q10, Red Vine, and Collagen, plus 2 extra masks (the flavour depends on which set you get). The flavour of the bonus masks in the pink set is Arbutin Whitening Mask.
For my Mandarin speaking readers out there who watch newapplearial's youtube videos, in one of her "favourite" videos, she mentioned she really likes the Arbutin Whitening Mask. I've wanted to try it for a long time but I couldn't find a pack that sells standalone Arubtin Whitening Masks.
I decided to try the Cooling mask today, and thought it would be fun to give my after-use impression. I chose to tryout this one because today was oh-so-hot. And out of all days, the air conditioning in my car wasn't working :(
When I first opened the package, I wasn't impressed with the scent. It smelled like licorice, which I'm not a big fan of. After putting it on my face for a few minutes, the smell disappear (fortunately), and it became more pleasant. As suggest by the name "Cooling Mask," it had a cooling effect and gave off a minty feeling. Its ingredients include licorice root extract (hence the scent), peppermint and menthol (cooling the skin). My face feels extremely refreshed, cooled, and smooth after usage! It's definitely a different experience from using the Apple flavour which I'm more used to. I always thought there are no distinct differences between different MBD face mask flavours, and that it was a more of a gimmick, but I guess this proves me wrong. I'll continue to use the rest of the package and let you girls how it goes :)

13 comments:

Kalmo said...

Oh I wanted to buy the Alice in the wonderland set, so much variety. Hope to see reviews on the rest of the masks. :)

Anonymous said...

This was the one I tweeted about a couple of months ago! I got it on sale for like $15ish though. : ) Glad you're enjoying it - love the scents.

mizzsandychau said...

ooo i love these paper masks. i bought so many different kinds from sasa.com. i think my favorite from these kind are the black pearl one

Unknown said...

Hihi I feel like I havent talked with you for awhile hahahaha. I totally agree with what you mean by all different 'flavors' kinda function the same. They are all nice but I strongly agree its more of a gimmick thing. There are so many new ones I havent tried! I am still using the ones I order in winter... and feel like they never run out-_- The cooling one sounds amazing. Is it for whitening? the cooling effect must be nice (or have a freezing effect by putting it in the fridge before use lol)

Kristie said...

Awesome haul. I purchased a ton of these masks during my last trip to Asia. Sadly I haven't gotten a chance to use many of them. Now that I see your post, I'm excited to use them again. Great review!

tiffyama said...

Yay for masks! Trying all the different types will be fun. ^^ I haven't tried the cooling one before...but it sounds like it works? :]

Unknown said...

i bought this too and only tried one mask >< i didn't see any noticeable differences lol but i think i will give them another try after reading your review ^^

Elisa ♥ said...

I sure love the packaging :D but i already tried all masks which is inside so i rather buy the ones that i like only xD

PinkOrchids said...

Sounds promising! I hate licorice, i think if i opened it and smelt it i would have chucked it away! I'm pretty new to face masks too, but i'm trying to get into the ahbit of using them :) xX

Mei めい said...

so cute package x)

ThisIsAlx said...

I heard from so many people that this Is the best Asian mask ever soo I got 2 from a friend both were the green ones .. I don't remember what scent they were but is like I had a face lift after using it! But my eye weren't moisturizer so it kinda pulled too much dry skin around my eye and I ended up with some temporary wrinkles beneath my eyes omg it was horrible,.. Next time I will just wash face then moisturize my eyes before applying any sheeted masks lol as you can see I'm a total newbie with facial masks

cushy said...

this is a nice set. i don't like licorice scent too.

Marie said...

Glad to know the cooling mask worked for you. Enjoy using the other masks!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com