Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Montreal Love

I took advantage of the Canada Day long weekend about 2 weeks ago to visit Montreal. It's been a while since I've been there, and not to mention that I've never been there just to stroll around, it's always been on a tour. It's a whole different story if I have to talk about how much I despise tours. I stayed in the heart of Montreal for 3 days, and loved every minute of it.

I bought a 3 day metro pass for $16. I highly suggest it if you are staying at a hotel anywhere close to a station.

994 Rachel Est, Montreal

How can I leave Montreal without eating any poutine? I found this place online and I'm glad I did. The restaurant was packed with locals and tourists. We chose to sit outside, even though the waitress told us that they don't serve alcohol outside. There were loads of different topping choices for the poutine. I ordered a regular size, and it was way more than enough for lunch.

4350 Rue Saint-Denis, Montreal

This is my new found favourite restaurant!! The pictures don't do it justice. Same as the last one, I found this restaurant online, and once I went to its website I saw the pictures of buckets of mussels, I knew I had to give it a visit. Mussels definitely remind me of my vacation in Paris. At this restaurant, you can get a bucket of mussels plus fries for $20. If you go on weekdays (not Friday), you can even have all you can eat mussels for the same price. But I probably won't be able to take advantage of the all you can eat mussels even if I had the chance. One bucket was more than enough for me! Other than the mussels, this place is famous for the large selection of beers it has. You can choose from its beer menu with beers from all over the world.

4319 Rue Saint-Denis, Montreal

We stumbled on this awesome pizza place while searching for some dinner. There were tons of restaurants in Montreal that had patios by the street, and I absolutely adore patios on a summer day. We had pizza, sangria, and some escargot (not in picture). The sangria was a small sized, but it already made the two of us very happy lol.


I loved Montreal. I loved how eventful the city is, the good food, and the beautiful sceneries! I can't wait to visit again :)

16 comments:

MissS.elle said...

Ommgg you visited Montreal!! Muahha La Banquise has the best poutine in town!! Next time that you visit you must go to Juliette & Chocolat if you're a chocolate lover like me ;D

Unknown said...

Me too I loved it! Montreal is so beautiful and I am so glad that you went when its much hotter out haha. The food looks amazing! esp the poutine yumyumm :)

Unknown said...

Montreal looks SO beautiful! :) So serene! i hope to go someday :)

Kalmo said...

Awesome that you got to travel. I do not enjoy tours at all either, would rather explore by myself. The food looks yummy. The bucket of mussels is especially appetizing. Sangria is awesome. I would love to visit Montreal.

CrystalLuvz said...

I totally agree with LittoMokaa, Juliette & Chocolat all the way! Best chocolate place ever!!! Glad you liked your poutine! One of the best place ^^

Simplicity Is Beauty said...

Montreal looks like such a great little place to be! Great photos! The metro map looks quite similar to the ones in here London. Great post! x

Jenny52experience said...

hmmm making me hungry! esp. that pizza!! yummmmmy!!

i've always wanted to visit montreal!

jennythay.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

Yum, great photographs! So glad you had a good time ;) I love Poutine!

Mana said...

Looks like you had a great time in Montreal! I hope to be able to visit the city one day too! The food looks great and Im so glad to hear that the poutine lived up to your expectations! LOL

Joey said...

Look at all the food! Yummeh!
Pizza, sangria and escargots sound like the life! Haha I never tried escargots until last year. Love it now

Mary said...

That poutine looks amazing! did you get to go to swhartz for smoked meat?

Unknown said...

I forgot to say - double fisting! haha

Becky said...

Mmm poutine!
I love Montreal! Feels like forever since I was last there :( Need to make a trip there soon!

Marie said...

Glad to know you had an amazing time! The pizza looks delicious and mmmm... sangria!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com
$100 Shopbop Gift Card International Giveaway!

Mimi said...

aaahh, all that food! yummy! :D

my sister always talks about visiting montreal someday, i will show her this post. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

omg! What a yummy yummy post! Have a great weekend