Thursday, July 24, 2014

Garnier Dark Spot Corrector Daily Illuminating Serum Review

Hi girlies! I bought the Garnier Dark Spot Corrector Daily Illuminating Serum about two months ago at Mannings for around HK$1xx. This product has 50 ml and it is in a tube shape, making it really easy to apply. I simply put some on the back of my hand and apply it all over my face with my finger, with concentration on my cheeks for my freckles and acne spots.



This product claims to fade all three types of dark spots for even skin tone: 1) acne marks, 2) dark spots, and 3) age spots. "Garnier creates Dark Spot Corrector, a daily skincare product that helps correct by visibly reducing the appearance of dark spots and illuminates skin natural glow, whilst giving intense 24hr moisturization. The light, non-greasy formula is highly concentrated in pure Vitamin C, known for its anti-oxidant and brightening properties to fade all three dark spots for even skin tone."




Background on my skin: I don't have age spots, but I do have quite a bit of freckles and some acne marks. I have combination (and slightly sensitive) skin type.

It doesn't dry my skin nor does it break my skin out. I've been using it religiously day and night for about 2 months now. I don't think it did much to lighten my dark spots - like my freckles and acne marks. However, I do think it slightly evens out my skin tone. My skin becomes quite smooth after application.

Note that because the product is highly concentrated in pure Vitamin C, the first time I used this, my skin felt slightly irritated. I was so scared that I would be allergic to it and my skin would break out. Thankfully, I haven't felt irritated from it ever since. Also because of the high concentration of pure Vitamin C, be sure to shut the cap tight after usage. Otherwise, you may notice that the product would become more yellow in colour because of oxidization. The smell of this is very similar to other Garnier products that I've tried. The fragrance is actually is quite strong.

I probably won't repurchase this because although it seems to smooth out my skin, I feel that its main purpose of fading out my dark spots is not that effective. 

Much love.